Saturday 27 April 2013

Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencil

I cannot believe I haven't blogged about this little gem before!...I mean, sure it's featured in some favourite posts but it truly deserves it own stand alone post... because it's that good!

It's no secret that I'm a big Urban Decay fan and I would have to say that eyeliner is possibly my favourite piece of makeup...if I had to categorically choose of course!

I tend to feel a little bit naked if my waterline isn't coloured in so to speak (and no, there is no pun intended there in ref to UD's eyeshadow palettes hehe!)

I had a browse around a Urban Decay counter some time last year, I think Feb '12 time, and just so happened to test some of the 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils. They had a beautiful colour range but being a predominantly black eyeliner girl I sort out that one.

The colour Perversion was described to me as their blackest of black shades and after a quick draw on the back of my hand I knew I HAD to get it. The black was so intense, certainly blacker than any pencil liners I'd ever come across! I'm not sure if the photo does it the justice it deserves but believe me, it's BLACK BLACK!

Another impressive thing about this eyeliner is it's creamy consistency. It makes applying it to the waterline incredibly easy and soft. I can't stand that awful scratchy feeling some eyeliners create...eurgh!

Wearing Perversion on my waterline & Mac's gel liner on my upper lash line :)
As for its staying power...it does a really great job. I'm unsure if 24/7 is all that realistic but to give you an idea, I always have to take care to remove it at the end of any day. Even when I've worked out for 3 hours it'll still be there to some extent...but the good news is I never find it to run and cause panda eyes!

I use it pretty much everyday and considering I've had it over the year mark, despite sharpening it regularly, it's nowhere near used up yet. At £14, I feel it's quite a bargain with it's long usage and the quality of the product. Well worth it in my opinion. I'll certainly be repurchasing when mine is all gone!


2 comments:

  1. I have the one in zero and it's amazing. I never though a pencil liner would be so soft and long-lasting!

    http://beautyinsideart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete