Sunday 29 March 2015

Invisalign Braces #2


Hi everyone. Just a quick update. As promised I said I'd keep you all up-to-date with my journey to better teeth!

In my first post I talked about why I wanted Invisalign braces and what they essentially were...so please see that if you're curious.

After having my moulds and x-rays taken it was a waiting game to see if I was indeed eligible for the braces. If you are, they then go about creating a digital version of your teeth. I was later invited to a free appointment showing my teeth on the computer. It was very strange to see them on the screen and my dentist then hit the 'play' button which showed how the braces would slowly move my teeth. The finished result was incredible and I knew right there that I HAD to have them!

However due to my situation at the time (the whole quitting my job saga!) I knew on paper I'd never get a loan with Medenta like I had previously planned. My dentist told me I had 100 days to decide whether to go ahead with them as after that time your teeth can move a bit and I'd have to have the moulds redone!

I went back to the dentist on 21st March (still within the time frame) and decided to pay in cash. It wasn't even a question of whether I wanted the braces but luckily my business has taken off and has allowed me go ahead!

If anyone is considering them, mine have cost me £3200 (yet I'd already paid £1000 for work prior, to then be given the green light to get them!) and generally all Invisalign are around the same pricemark.

The next available appointment isn't until the 23rd May so I have a bit of a wait! However I'm very excited to know that it's all finally going to be happening!!!

Soon I can do this> :D confidently!

I've been quoted that I'll have to wear the braces for 40 weeks to get the desired result which is less than I expected to be honest.

My next Invisalign post will be when I have them!!! Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment