Sunday 20 January 2013

Max Factor's Clump Defy

Pictured before going to University :)
Hello! So, I blogged about buying Max Factor's Clump Defy Mascara and as I promised...here's my review of it.

I've been a fan of Max Factor mascaras for a couple of years now...with the False Lash Effect taking 1st place in my mascara collection for the whole of 2012, and much of 2011 tbh!

When I heard this new guy had hit town I knew it was only a matter of time before I'd have him in my collection! Not too sure why it's a male, or why I'm giving a mascara a gender but hey ho! So, when I saw that Boots were doing a special offer, £11.99 reduced to £7.99, it gave me that extra push to buy it.

The brush is fairly similar to that of the False Lash Effect with its plastic spread out bristles and feels pretty similar when applying. However, the Clump Defy brush differs with a curve and the brush head is slightly smaller. It reminds me a little of the Maybelline's Falsie's brush, shape-wise.

When first using the mascara I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Unlike many new mascaras, that are quite wet and perhaps over-coated with formula, I found this one didn't seem to have as much product on the brush as I would have liked. However, as I often find, the second use of a product is always a little easier, especially with mascaras that tend to need a little 'breaking in' as it were.


I've been using this product near on every day now and I really like the results it gives. It really lives up to its name as I haven't experienced any clumping whatsoever! The brush is really easy to work with and makes applying mascara to the tricky parts of the eye a piece of cake.

I usually find the lashes towards the inner corners of the eye pretty fiddly, with most mascaras creating a 'blobby' issue with too much product taking hold. However, this isn't the case for the Clump Defy, making it really easy to restrict how much product goes on. And for this reason, I have to move my False Lash Effect mascara off its pedestal and give the Clump Defy 1st place!

Well done Max Factor, another brilliant mascara!


No comments:

Post a Comment