Monday 20 May 2013

Beep Beep!

Hello! So it's been one hell of a great weekend for me, starting with Teacher's Ball on Friday (post on that to follow). Then Saturday I picked up my new car!!! In fact my first car :D

I am super excited to be the proud owner of a Mini Cooper and even more thrilled that it means I can start getting back some of the independence I lost when I went to Uni almost 4 years ago. I've had to be pretty dependent on my parents in what seems like forever!

As you can probably gather from the picture above, it's an automatic. This was a decision that I had made a long time ago and I certainly have no regrets. Sure, I learnt to drive in a manual and then went on to drive my mum's manual KA for 8 months and was fine but I'm just not a massive clutch fan. Never have been...just personal preference I guess! I feel a bit like it's a dodgem! Hehe love it!

Why call it Pepper? Well the colouring is pepper white so I figured it was a pretty apt and cute name. However me and my friend Emily are referring to it as the Rocket mobile...(We're superheros in disguise...Don't ask lmao!)

Finding an automatic Mini Cooper was no small task let me tell you! It was like finding a needle in a haystack but I have my Mum to thank for her sheer persistence in searching for one. She is a big Mini fan too and has been really excited herself about me getting my car. She was very sweet and bought me a little gift and a kind of 'congratulations on your new car' card (this was the only slightly relevant card the shop had she said!). Bless her!

So yeah, life is pretty darn good at the moment! All these changes are really exciting! I partied/celebrated further last night when I hit the town with some friends and enjoyed some lovely tunes on my way in, courtesy of the birds when I arrived home at 4am this morning lol. Walking past Pepper I had to give her a little pat, still in disbelief that I have a car hehe!

I also love how my number plate basically starts with the word 'YES'...
I've recently decided that I'm going to start saying yes to a lot more things and to enjoy life to the max, so it's quite apt! :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Bring on Bank Holiday antics next weekend!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment