Wednesday 22 May 2013

A night at the Ball!

Hello. Hope you are all well!

As you may have read in my last post I had a very hectic but totally awesome weekend! Friday night was my Teacher's Ball and I absolutely loved every minute of it! It was brilliant to get together with people that have completed 4 years of uni alongside me and just celebrate!

Upon arrival, at the Park Plaza in Nottingham, we were greeted with a glass of champagne or bucks fizz and were allowed one photo by the photographer. Above is mine with all my favourite people (minus a few sadly) and I love it. They printed it off for us for free and I just think it's a lovely sentiment to keep and look back at!

About an hour later we were allowed into the function room and the tables looked lovely! We had previously picked our own seats so we could sit with our friends and all our places had little name tags. As you can see I was sat opposite Sammy from Bellini Beauty :P

Next up...food!

The food was delicious! Very yummy! I started with some sort of quiche (can't remember exactly what it was haha) lightly diced in balsamic vinegar. It was very tasty and I was very hungry so I also devoured the side bread roll too!

For mains I ordered pork, along with a bit of black pudding, adorable baby apples, potato/parsnip and green beans. This again was yummy. However the pork was very rich and I got quite full quite quick!

Dessert. Now it looks as though I had two but...I originally chose chocolate brownie a while back, however I've discovered that chocolate doesn't agree with me too well so I've given it up. So, when I was faced with chocolate I knew I'd just have to leave it! BUT, my very kind housemate/friend Vicky very nicely offered to swap it for her strawberry cheesecake so I could enjoy a dessert. It was really good of her so thank you...and the cheesecake was lovely! :)

So...what did I wear?...

I absolutely loved my dress!!! It was totally ME with the pretty pink colouring and sparkles on the front. I also love the back of the dress :) It was really comfortable and I felt a little bit like Cinderella or something hehe!

I've never had a proper prom before so I treated this as mine and went all out. The nude clutch bag and shoes are from New Look and I already had my Thomas Sabo bracelet. I had my hair styled by a hairdresser and was really happy with it. I've never been so volume-ised haha!

If you want to know what I did for makeup, you can check out my Get Ready With Me: Teacher's Ball video....

Just click the photo :)
And then it was time to party...!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment