Friday 14 September 2012

Slendertone Update & Weigh-In

Hey everyone. Hope you are all fighting fit this week :)

Right so, a few posts back I blogged about Slendertone toning devices. I was pretty dismissive of the toning shorts and still stand by this. Not a fan! However, I did say I was going to give the abs toning belt a good go and having previously quite liked the product, I was keen to get back into it.

As modelled above, the belt is fairly chunky yet fairly flexible. I would usually sit down whilst using the device...I mean 30 minutes isn't pleasant standing time. As for the 3 gel/silicone textured pads...brace yourself when applying the belt. They can be rather COLD!

As I said in my last Slendertone post, you can actually feel your stomach muscles being pulled in and out. Quite forcibly too on a high setting! And afterwards I had experienced some soreness, hence suggesting that it has worked something?!

However, despite my best efforts I just couldn't get 'in to' using the product! :( I really tried...but the cold application and the unpleasant pulling sensation was a big turn off for me.

Also, the reason I enjoy a good workout is that 'after' feeling you get...a sense of achievement knowing how much effort you have put in. Sitting in front of TV or whatever wearing the belt just didn't give me that same buzz. Personally I've rather WORK for my results and to be honest a gym session is far more enjoyable than the 'noaring' and 'repetitive' feel of the device.

I expect, judging by the countless reviews, that these products either fall into the love or hate categories, depending on the users preference. For me, I'm definitely leaning towards the hate I'm afraid. However, I've given my mum the ST belt (back, as it was hers originally) knowing that she will make better use of the device. Suffering with lower back problems, exercise is limited for her and so I think something like this will really help...either with toning or just for peace of mind, we'll see! (I'll try and keep you all updated on this to determine its actual toning abilities).

All in all I'd say that if you are healthy enough to exercise and manage to eat a balanced diet then you ultimately don't need any fancy gadget. And, with a price tag of around £100, you may as well take to the floor every night and do some crunches or sit ups! I've heard exercise is a mood lifter, so not only will you be one sit up closer to your perfect stomach but you may even have a smile on your face by the end! :)

Hope this is helpful to somebody...again, just my experience and opinions!

WEIGH-IN

After the previous two weeks totting up to a 4lbs loss...I was seriously expecting a STS (stay the same) this week.

Wrong! Another lb loss. Woohooo :) So, I'm getting very close to my GW (goal weight) of 8st 7lbs now and have to say, feeling better than ever! Achievement really is the best feeling. However, just to clarify, I am 5ft 3inches tall, so by BMI guidelines for my height this weight is considered a healthy one! Whilst I do want to reach my ideal GW it's all about the fitness and health for me, the skinny emaciated look is not my aim!

It's very weird to think back to May, when I was feeling unfit, fat and generally crap! I never imagined that I would come anywhere close to today's results. My self belief was so rubbish that it never even occurred to me to take a 'before' photo...in fact taking a picture of myself back then in something like a bikini would have been quite a depressing action! But now, that it my single regret...WHY DIDN'T I TAKE A PHOTO?!!! :p

So...if you are just starting out and you are thinking your goals are so far off that you'll never get close. STOP with these thoughts. Take a god damn photo and believe in yourself!...cause more often than not, nobody else will. It took a while for people to realise that I was actually serious about getting fit...now nobody can question it. The results speak for themselves!

I'm often tweeting or instragraming or pinning something motivational so come and say hi if you need a extra push! In fact, I also post for myself too...keeps me focused along the way!

Twitter: ellie1989
Instragram & Pinterest: elliee1989 (Yes, ellie1989 was already taken, damn! haha)

Remember:



No comments:

Post a Comment